Homework will now be set online.
Under the homework tab you will find two different pages for your child's home work.
- The 'cruicial knowledge' tab will have key information on there that your child will need to learn. This information is re-capped in class and it would be really useful if you could recap at home too. We always tell the children in school that if they practise something everyday they will keep improving.
- The homework tab for your child's class will be updated on a Friday
Some things to remember
- We are trying to make sure the homework can be completed without any printing. So spelling can be practised on any piece of paper, as can the fast maths. You could also do these verbally using the screen to help you ask the question e.g. “What’ s 10 + 5?” or “How do you spell guard?”
- If you do not have access to any paper at home, please let us know and we will send you a work book home.
- We are going to start setting maths homework on My Maths – this is a really good programme and provides your child’s class teacher with feedback about what activities have been completed and what they scored.
- As you can see below there are also links to The Oak National Academy, BBC Bitesize and other useful websites to support your child’s learning at home.
- Remember to check out the class pages for your newsletters and to see what your child is learning about in class.
- At times, the teacher will set other work to complete. They will either set this via email or by sending you a link to the website via text.
- Although you are not currently able to send homework back into school, you are very welcome to photograph your child’s work and email it to your child’s class teacher, just like we did in the summer term.
- Remember you can also use Maths Whizz too!
Links to Learning Sites online.
Real teachers from around the country with lessons daily lessons available each day for children from Reception to Year 6 (Also caters for Secondary Pupils if you need support with your older children)
The BBC have a wide range of subjects available for Years 1 through to 6, again they do cater for older children too.
Your child will have their own Maths Whizz account that tracks their maths age and their progressions.
Teachers may set assignments for you to complete, there are also games and activities. You should have a log in for this, let your teacher know if you are not sure what it is.
There are many games you can use on here: Username: March20 Password: Home We use this site for phonics in school.
We use White Rose in school, you can access ideas and work on this site.
If you need any further support, please contact your classteacher using their email address.